Do the words “business meeting” conjure up images of a bright and comfortable room, gourmet food and outdoor breaks? And if you’re a meeting or an event planner, did those words also make you think of one-stop shopping with virtually no setup or cleanup? If your answer to either question was “No,” then it’s time that you give our event planners a call for your next gathering.
At The Gables at Chadds Ford, we not only know how to host, but how to make it convenient for our business hosts. Our spacious venue is perfect for weekly or monthly meetings, retreats, board or annual meetings … you name it, we’ve hosted it.
Our job is to make events easy for you and delight your guests. Our experienced event planners are with you every step of the way and pride themselves on superior service throughout the entire process. Expect quick replies to all of your questions and the “extra mile” from our event pros.
We also know that time is money, so let’s jump in with the must-have amenities that come with our banquet room rental:
- Access to the terrace, including fire pits and hand-made Adirondack chairs, for fresh air breaks or break-out sessions. (Fun fact: Owner Ann Kolenick’s father made those chairs!)
- Convenient and reasonably priced on-site equipment rentals, including a 72-inch projection screen, high-definition (HDMI-compatible) projector, a lavalier microphone and speaker and a sound system and speakers that work with your iPod, iPad, iPhone or other compatible device. We set it up and tear it down so you don’t have to!
- Tried-and-true trusted vendors for additional services you may require such as photography, videography, flowers and more.
- Award-winning cuisine from our talented kitchen staff, with customizable packages for every business occasion.
Let’s dig into the menu — because memorable meeting meals will set your event apart from the rest. We’ll wow your team whether you choose a buffet, food stations or a plated meal. Breakfast, brunch, lunch sandwiches and salads, lunch and dinner entrees, a variety of sides and desserts are made just steps away in our kitchen and served to your guests with the same attention to detail, quality and service you’d expect from The Gables. Hosting a more formal meeting? Consider passed or stationed hors d’oeuvres for that special touch.
Here’s more to whet your appetite:
- Petite Maryland crab cakes with whole grain mustard aioli.
- Grown-up grilled cheese with truffle tomato aioli.
- Slow-braised pork empanadas with sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.
- An eggs benedict station with a choice of Canadian bacon, seared beef tenderloin, roasted Kennett mushrooms, fresh asparagus and Hollandaise sauce.
- A shrimp and grits station with tender Gulf shrimp served over Southern-style grits with a choice of applewood bacon, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, arugula, swiss or cheddar.
- Ann’s homemade chocolate espresso cake.
- S’mores station.
- Vegetarian entrees, too. (And ask about accommodations for special dietary needs.)
We also have flexible bar packages that you can add on for celebratory events, happy hours or just because. Choose from a full or beer and wine only bar, and consider premium options, too. One- and two-hour bar packages are available, or maybe you’d like an open bar for longer events. Our daytime bartender rates are amazingly reasonable, too: $100 per bartender.
Reasonable Room Rates
Some of the best news for your budget are our rates for weekday room rentals — as low as $100 for four daytime hours Monday through Friday, and $150 for five evening hours Monday through Thursday. All room rentals include standard white table linens, napkins, china, glassware, flatware, tealight candles, use of our outdoor terrace and room setup and cleanup.
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.
Featured photo: Pexels; other photos, top to bottom: Southern County Chamber of Commerce; Sandrien B Photography; The Gables at Chadds Ford; Sandrien B Photography