When you’re invited to an event — or in charge of mounting one — do you secretly dread what might be on the menu? Do you fear the “rubber chicken” or “mystery fish”? If so, take heart: Smart venues are stepping up their event cuisine game with a focus on seasonal, local and fresh food.
Wait — aren’t those terms getting a little stale (pun intended)? Not at all, says The Gables at Chadds Ford’s Banquet Manager, Kelly Donahue. In fact, restaurants that offer catering and events services should make sure those menu items are as delectable as the food that graces their dining room tables.
“At The Gables at Chadds Ford, the same chef and kitchen staff who create our award-winning cuisine also produce our events food,” Kelly explained. “We pride ourselves on that, and that we were focusing on fresh ingredients sourced locally from what’s seasonal since day one. Just as important, we work with you to delight you and your guests within your budget.”
You and your guests will swoon over this creative cuisine:
Passed hors d’oeuvres including seasonal vegetable tart with herbed ricotta:
- Spring: Pea and asparagus.
- Summer: Tomato and corn.
- Fall: Roasted acorn squash.
- Winter: Truffled mushrooms.
- Spring: Fig and butter-braised radish.
- Summer: Tomato mozzarella or watermelon and feta.
- Fall: Citrus and beet.
- Winter: Sweet caraway cooked carrots with Manchego.
- Vegetarian frittata featuring our chef’s favorite seasonal offerings.
- Pasta with seasonal accompaniments tailored to your taste.
- Seasonal vegetarian option of spiced roasted cauliflower with vegetable rice and carrot emulsion; marinated portobello with sautéed spinach, roasted fingerling potatoes and romesco sauce or pappardelle with balsamic-marinated cherry tomatoes, basil and fresh ricotta.
Can’t wait to dig into the rest of the menu? Our events staff is ready to show you how to make your event not only taste amazing, but be amazing, start to finish. Check venue availability and give us a call at (610) 388-7700.
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.
Featured photo: Pixabay; other photos, top to bottom: Fig Industries; Betsy Barron Photography