Have you tried it? Our spring menu? It’s in full swing right now, but award-winning chef Dave Wenerd is already anticipating summer’s bounty and starting to craft the next big cuisine at The Gables at Chadds Ford. Keep an eye on our blog so you have the inside track when it launches!
Whenever you visit (and, we hope it’s soon!), you can count on our Southern-inspired menu that’s always packed with old favorites and seasonal specialities. Each dish pairs beautifully with any number of wines from our curated list, a cold craft brew and our creative cocktails and martinis. Want to sip a bourbon or single malt scotch? Ask us about a flight.
Grab your favorite people and dig into spring’s best before it’s gone! Here’s a taste:
Let’s Do Lunch
- Asparagus Velouté
- Indulge in velvety velouté, one of French cuisine’s five “mother sauces,” as it adds depth to earthy asparagus with lump crab and parsley salad.
- Philly Sausage and Peppers Sandwich
- Pork sausage is stuffed with provolone and broccoli rabe, then topped with roasted bell peppers and sriracha aioli.
- Pork Belly Mac ’n Cheese
- Cavatelli pasta groans under the weight of bacon, piquillo peppers, our five-cheese blend plus brioche and garden herb breadcrumbs. It’s a good thing it’s served in a cast-iron crock!
- Pro tip: In a hurry? The most delicious deal is our Pick Two for $10 and get half portions of some of your favorites.
Drop By for Dinner
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- We get our Southern full-on with our twist on the classic: panko-breaded green tomatoes, plus creamy burrata and sweet marinated piquillo peppers.
- Gables Salad
- We’re starting to harvest from our rooftop garden, so enjoy mixed lettuce, candied walnuts, Honeycrisp apples, Anjou pears and Black River blue cheese kissed with white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Frenched Chicken Breast
- A whopping 10-ounce bone-in wing drumette and tender breast is paired with roasted garlic whipped potatoes and our signature roasted Brussels sprouts in scallion butter.
- Black Garlic Braised Short Ribs
- These fork-tender short ribs are cooked low and slow and topped with rich beef jus, and accompanied by eggplant barigoule (braised and in a white wine broth) and black pepper dumplings.
Save Room for Dessert
Isn’t there always room for dessert? Our three house favorites are still available—Dave’s Bourbon Pecan Pie, Ann’s Chocolate Espresso Cake and Ann’s Chocolate Banana Cake. But we’re pretty sure you’ll be tempted by Pineapple Cheesecake, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, Tahitian Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée and Sticky Toffee Pudding. Fun fact: Co-owner Ann Kolenick won first place at the Kennett Chocolate Lovers Festival for her two namesake desserts.
Still hungry? We also serve Sunday brunch, special goodies at the bar, a prix fixe menu on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and a happy hour menu from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Check our events calendar and relax with music—indoors and out. Join us soon!
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.