We’ve extended our trademark Gables at Chadds Ford warmth to our new outdoor patio! It’s an extension of our bar area and another place to cozy up to the fire while enjoying our signature bar specials.
To celebrate, we’ve launched a new, more extensive bar menu packed with must-try creations from our chef—plus old favorites. Dig into our Mushroom Soup with a not-so-ordinary French onion base. Like our Southern-style Shrimp ’n Grits Martinis? Then you must try our slightly spicy Tuna Tartare Martini. Grab a hearty Gables Burger, Turkey Burger or saffron-infused Atlantic Mussels. Our mushrooms are locally foraged and our veggies hail from our own rooftop garden (season permitting) … we could go on!
We invite you to stop by, grab a seat around a fire pit and choose your new Gables favorite.
- Gables Salad: Mixed greens, candied walnuts, Anjou pears, Honeycrisp apples and blue cheese dressed with white balsamic vinaigrette. For a few bucks more, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon, or filet tips.
- Grilled Romaine Salad: Grilled hearts of romaine, garlic croutons, roasted piquillo peppers and house-made Caesar dressing
- Mushroom Soup: We start with a French onion base, add roasted shiitake, crimini and oyster mushrooms and mushroom broth, and then top with brioche croutons and melted Gruyère cheese—all served in a cast-iron crock.
- Kennett Square Mushrooms: Locally foraged Kennett Square mushrooms are slowly roasted to perfection and topped with goat cheese cream sauce and smoked paprika salt.
- Shrimp ‘n Grits Martini: Southern-style Cheddar grits, bacon, bell pepper relish and local mushrooms.
- Tuna Tartare Martini: Yellow fin tuna, crispy Cantimpalo chorizo, guacamole and spicy carrots with warm flatbread.
- Loaded Pimiento Crab and Artichoke Dip: Lump crab, aged Cheddar pimiento cheese, artichokes, bacon and scallions served with house-made bread.
- Cavatelli Mac and Cheese: Cavatelli pasta, bacon, five-cheese blend and garden herb brioche bread crumbs served in a cast-iron crock.
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts: Fried sprouts topped with shaved Asiago.
- Gables Burger: 8 ounces of prime ground chuck covered with smoked bacon, fried onions, arugula, white Cheddar and house pickles on brioche.
- Turkey Burger: Shredded white meat turkey burger topped with sweet-and-sour pepper relish and chipotle-spiced yogurt on brioche.
- Confit Duck Fries: Duck confit, caramelized onions, avocados, jalapeños and white truffle duck gravy smother house-made fries.
- Cheesesteak Egg Rolls: Hand-wrapped shaved ribeye egg rolls with provolone cheese sauce.
- Atlantic Mussels: You choose—white wine and garlic, beer with blue cheese, onions and bacon, or saffron-infused cream sauce.
- Cheese Plate: A tempting selection of international or local farm cheeses served with seasonal accompaniments and freshly baked bread.
- Seasonal Soup and Salad: Ask your server for our current selection.
Want to sample? Hang out for our Happy Hour, Tuesday to Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the bar, bar tables and outdoor bar patio. Select bar menu items are discounted, as are tempting libations. Won’t you join us?
Happy Hour Menu
- Everyday Drink Specials: $5 glasses of our award-winning Sangria, $2 off all draught beer and $3 off all glasses of wine.
- Tuesdays: $8 Cavatelli Mac and Cheese and $10 Loaded Pimiento Crab and Artichoke Dip.
- Wednesdays: $10 Gables Burgers and $8 Turkey Burgers.
- Thursdays: Half-Price Shrimp-n-Grits Martinis and half-price Confit Duck Fries.
- Fridays: $3 off all specialty martinis, half-price Atlantic Mussels and half-price Cheesesteak Egg Rolls.
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.