Ice-cold beer. Good eats. Summer tunes. Outdoorsy games. Sound good? Then mark your calendar for every Thursday in July — plus a few other dates in July and August — and head to the pop-up beer garden at The Gables at Chadds Ford.
News flash for Mother Nature: The gig is on, rain or shine, from 5 to 10 p.m. If she’s drenching us, then we’ll transform our banquet room into the beer garden. When she’s smiling on us, the beer garden will take over the back terrace. Expect our signature service as you indulge in:
- Four beers on tap, in addition to a generous can and bottle selection. Want to hang out, but not into beer? Choose from our wine list or indulge in our freshly made Summer Berry Peach Sangria.
- Some new dishes and some Gables favorites! If you’re really hungry, try the Boubon Pulled Pork Sandwich or Italian Sausage Sandwich. For something lighter, order a Gables Salad or Watermelon Salad.
- A s’mores bar that will tempt with a variety of homemade flavored marshmallows.
Your ears will think “cheers,” too, thanks to a fun lineup of music. Here’s who’s in right now, but keep an eye on our Facebook event page and stay in the know:
- Thursday, July 5: James McLaughlin, Colin McGetrick and Mary Kate McGetrick
- Saturday, July 7: Anthony Saddic
- Thursday, July 12: Steve Liberace and Steve Pompeo
- Saturday, July 14: The GoAround
- Thursday, July 19: James McLaughlin
- Friday, July 20: Josh Komorowski
- Thursday, July 26: Steve Liberace and Amanda May
- Saturday, July 28: Josh Komorowski
- Thursday, Aug. 2: Jack Marshall
- Friday, Aug. 3: Josh Komorowski
- Friday, Aug. 10: Sean McGraw & Just a Bit Outside
In addition to the above dates, we’ll also be raising pints in the beer garden on Saturday, Aug. 11.
Between sips and nibbles, make sure to stroll on over to the lawn games and try your luck at cornhole and giant Jenga. And if the weather is sublime but you’re still a tad warm, the banquet room will be open so you can chill in air-conditioned comfort.
Bonus: On July 12, 20, 26 and Aug. 3, you can memorialize your beer garden shenanigans with the Tiny Tin Photo Booth! It’s a retro camper-turned-photo-booth on wheels. Pop in with your squad, make silly faces at the camera (or not) and leave with a strip of photos.
Feel like an alfresco experience but can’t swing by on any of those dates? Pop in and check out our fire pit patio for a similar vibe.
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.