Hello, happy hour, we’ve been waiting for you (all day!). And we suspect you, our work-weary customer, have been waiting for the chance to kick back, relax and unwind with a tempting libation and a satisfying nibble, too.
Our weekday happy hour is the chance to do just that—and more. It’s a great way to sample menu items you may have had your eye on while you enjoy generous discounts on food and drink. At The Gables at Chadds Ford, we’ve put together a can’t-resist lineup of amazing bar bites and great drink specials that unfold at the bar and at our cozy bar tables every Tuesday through Friday from 4:30–6:30 p.m. Won’t you join us?
Feast your eyes on these top reasons to be our guest:
- $5 glasses of our house-made sangria. Right now it’s warm-weather inspired peach and summer berry ripe with peach Moscato, a splash of peach schnapps and a dash of triple sec swirled together with fresh berries and club soda. Super simple, refreshing and just the right amount of sweet.
- $2 off all draught beers from our rotating list of craft beers. You’ll find Pennsylvania’s finest plus must-try brews from around the country (and the world!).
- $3 off all glasses of wine from our extensive and well-curated wine list. Whether you’re in the mood for nose-tingling bubbly, a crisp white or a bold red, we’ve got you covered with vino from local vineyards and estates across the globe.
- $10 Smoked Filet Tips and $10 Loaded Pimento Crab Dip. Roasted red pepper hummus and chervil ranch dressing kick up the filet tips’ smokiness, while the loaded dip is bursting with lump crab, aged cheddar pimento cheese, bacon, scallions and served with our house-made bread.
- $10 Gables Burgers and $8 Turkey Burgers. Our hearty burgers—8 oz. prime ground chuck or freshly ground turkey—sit atop a brioche bun. The Gables Burger is piled high with smoked bacon, fried onions, white cheddar and house pickles; the Turkey Burger is well-dressed with sweet and sour pepper relish and chipotle yogurt.
- Half-price Shrimp-n-Grits Martini and half-price Confit Duck Fries. One of our most popular items, our Shrimp-n-Grits martini glass is filled with savory white cheddar grits, local mushrooms, mixed bell peppers, bacon and scallions, while the house-made fries are slathered with duck confit, caramelized onions, avocado, jalapeños and a white truffle duck gravy.
- Half-price Beer Mussels and half-price Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. Beer infuses the blue cheese, onion and bacon sauce’s flavors and brings out the mussels’ freshness. The hand-wrapped shaved ribeye egg rolls are lavished with provolone cheese sauce.
6. Friday Bonus
$3 off all specialty martinis!
7. But Wait—There’s More!
Seriously into experimenting? Grab a beer or a scotch and bourbon flight. Don’t worry about committing to a whole pint of brew; four 5 oz. pours are just $10 (add an extra $1 for premium beers). And whether you’re new to the scotch and bourbon game or want to sample something you’ve been eager to try, we’ve got you covered with a tight list. You pick the four 1 oz. pours that fit your fancy and fit your wallet.
8. Last but Most Certainly Not Least
Our fun, friendly and knowledgeable bartenders. They’ll guide you to just the right pairing, flight or combo with a smile and the stellar service you expect at The Gables.
We know you can choose from any number of happy hours, but at The Gables, we’ve worked hard to hit it out of the park. You’ll find not-your-average, filling happy hour eats that hail from our regular menus plus an unmatched selection of on-point adult beverages at amazing prices. We invite you to give us a try—we bet we’ll be your new favorite after-work spot!
The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historic Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time and time again. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event.